The product was placed in the shopping cart.
Reconstruction of the Admirals palast with WEBAC Products
... at the Berlin noble mile “Friedrichstraße” is one of Berlin’s few well preserved traditional places of amuse ment dating from the turn of the century. In 1873 the “Admiralsbad” which was fed from the own sparkling sole spring was founded and be came the world’s most modern ice-skating arena with a glorious ice revue after 1911. A two-level restaurant, a movie theater, bowling alleys, various clubrooms and grandly appointed Russian-Roman baths were available to the international public around the clock.
In the Golden Twenties the ice-skating arena became a revue theatre. From 1930 the artistic profile of the amusement palace changed. The Nazi-propagandist Goebbels let redesign the theatre hall and the foyer, and a loge for the leader in plushy operetta design was integrated. Here the Tiller Girls, the Comedian Harmonists, Johannes Heesters, etc. ecstasized the audience. As if by a miracle the Admiralspalast survived all Second World War air raids. The former honky-tonk entertainment palace was turned into a paramount cultural-political flagship establishment under Soviet occupation after 1945 and under the patronage of the GDR Ministry of Culture after 1949. Here Otto Grotewohl (Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD)) and Wilhelm Pieck (Communist Party of Germany (KPD)) shook hands and founded the Socialist Unity Party of Germany (SED) in April 1946. At first the German State Opera House moved in. In 1955 the Admiralspalast became the Metropol Theater and housed the political cabaret company “Die Distel”. Thus a touch of “Broadway” returned to the northern Friedrichstraße. Up to its closure in 1997 operettas and musicals were staged in the large 1,400 seat theater hall.
After many years of vacancy the courageous cultural entre preneur Falk Walter took the decaying landmarked building under his wings. The Admiralspalast with its baths and entertainment pro gram thus came back to life in time for the 21st century. The official reopening took place on August 11, 2006 when “Die Dreigroschenoper” directed by Klaus Maria Brandauer was performed. Our WEBAC Team is very happy to have been able to contribute to the preservation of this grand building by providing its knowhow and modern WEBAC Products.
Reconstruction of the Admirals palest with WEBAC Products post-construction sealing of the sealing layer within the tank construction with WEBAC® 240. The structure is sealed against pressing water with multi-layer tar pitch sheet in the form of a tank. Moisture penetrated the entire surface partly heavily in different areas which was an indication of lateral infiltration or porosity of the tank construction respectively. Thanks to deconstruction measures the precise installation dimensions of the sealing layer in the wall construction could be determined in order to obtain an ideal grid and the correct drill hole depth for an even distribution of the injection gel over the entire surface within the sheet sealing. During the injection procedure it was ensured that the existing water was not displaced within the construction but eliminated from the wall during the injection. Special reference to necessary environmental compatibility according to DIBt code of practice.
Filling of cracks with WEBAC® 4110 for obtaining structural strength Cracks in various support, beam and ceiling constructions made of concrete and masonry were filled by means of injection of the epoxy resin WEBAC® 4110 in order to obtain structural strength and closed by means of impregnation with WEBAC® 4110. The characteristic feature of this application was the resin’s excellent penetration behavior.